Grape Variety: Pinot Noir
Vineyard / Origin: This Pinot Noir thrives in our hillside vineyards at Mazon. The vines are approximately 30 years old.
Soil: A mixture of clay, lime and porphyry.
Winemaking: 75 percent of the grapes are de-stemmed, while the remaining 25 percent go whole into the fermentation tanks. Fermentation with the skins lasts 11 days; during this phase the solid parts are kept loosely submerged in the must by pumping over to keep them moist, and pushing them down.
Maturation: The Pinot Noir Riserva is matured for one year in small oak casks, after which a homogeneous blend is made and the wine matured for a further six months in traditional oak barrels followed by 12 months in bottle before release.
Description: In colour it is deep ruby-garnet with a typical aroma of undergrowth, small berry fruits and black cherry - mellow, sweet and inviting. On the palate it is warm, harmonious and well-knit, round and rich in complexities, firm though elegant, broad and velvety, enveloping with the grace and refinement of a truly international wine which will become even more impressive after a further one to two years in bottle.
Food Choices: Red meats, lamb, poultry, game, and venison.
Allergic-Info: This wine can contain sulfites
This is a wine of unusual contrasts - on the one hand full-bodied and concentrated while on the other, time and again tasters are surprised at its positive rusticity combined with elegance.
The finest red autochthonous grape, fruity with formidable structure
South Tyrol's finest autochthonous red grape variety, grown in a superb site; an enormously impressive wine!
A superb Pinot Noir, whose concentration is clearly heralded by its dark ruby colour. Initially it seems somewhat closed on the nose, but then opens up in the glass to reveal its authentic, noble Pinot Noir origins. The aroma reminiscent of sour cherry and raspberry is enhanced by a delicate hint of vanilla and spice. On the palate it shows excellent harmony with elegant acidity, well-integrated sweet tannins and enormous concentration of aromas.
Unlike numerous other insipid rose coloured wines, this is a rosé with strong personality, freshness, fragrant, similar to a fine white wine but with the rich fruit and roundness of a young red intended for early drinking.